Find inspiration for any room or window and have that room become a reality using MakeABlind.co.uk. Makeablind has a selection of window blinds suitable for bathrooms, bedrooms and living rooms. Customers can select blinds for a sitting room, kitchen, dining room, or children's bedroom. We can also assist with blinds for use in offices, bay windows or indeed any suitable space or area. You can look at photos shared by customers, read our blog for tips, ideas & inspiration or ask Natasha to help find a solution. We offer a wide range of designs, plains & textures in stunning colours to help with your selection. We will also help you make practical decisions, whether it be a practical durable blind for your kitchen through to semi sheers to allow light control in a bedroom or to thermal blinds to help keep the heat in your home. At MakeABlind.co.uk you just need to measure your windows, choose a fabric, order and have blinds delivered direct to your door.
When decorating a room the most important things to consider when it comes to your windows are privacy, light control, Insulation, humidity and feel of the overall room you are looking to create through your choice of colour, pattern and texture choices.
The choice of blinds explained:
Made from beautiful soft high quality natural fabric, sewn to the highest standards supplied with a cotton, thermal or blackout lining depending on customers' preference. A Roman blind folds up on itself as it is taken up over the window. The collection is focused on the Natasha Marshall fabrics. These are printed linen cottons from the Alegre and Ikon collections and on plains from the Alibi collection. There are wonderful patterns to choose from be it fun funky patterns like PomPom & Always or more chic stylish options including Drift & Zip through to more retro modern designs like Flip & Plectrum. A Roman blind gives a home a soft and inviting look.
Laminated Roller Blinds
Made from beautiful soft high quality 100% natural fabrics which is laminated and over locked on all visible edges with a cotton or blackout lining depending on cutomer preference. A roller blind covers less of the window when up than a Roman blind as it rolls on itself as it is taken up over the window. The collection is focused on the Natasha Marshall fabrics. These are printed linen cottons from the Alegre and Ikon collections and on plains from the Alibi collection. There are wonderful patterns to choose from be it fun funky patterns like PomPom & Always or more chic stylish options including Drift & Zip through to more retro modern designs like Flip & Plectrum. A laminated roller blind gives your home a soft and inviting look.
- Linings explained:
- A cotton lining allows a gentle light to filter through so the texture of the cotton linen is seen during the day and early mornings. It still provides full privacy night and day when drawn down over the window.
- A thermal lining works as an energy saving solution as it reflects heat back into the room. The blinds therefore create a stylish room as well as being functional.
- A blackout lining is a favourite for bedrooms. It provides complete blackout of the sunlight s and provides complete privacy when the blinds are down. It also works like the thermal linings due to its thickness. Blackout linings are ideal for use in children's bedrooms.
Made from pre-stiffened cloths offered as printed, woven or plains. A roller shade can provide privacy but could also be semi sheer as explained below.
- Patterned roller blinds: we offer a wide range of designs from modern through to classic designs. The fabrics are mid-weight and so provide privacy but allow a gentle light filter to the room.
- Plain coloured roller blinds: we offer plain blinds in a wide range of colours from neutrals through to fun brights. The fabrics are also mid-weight but hese blinds can also be supplied as a back out blind. This collection is called the Eclipse collection. It combines colour with blackout properties and so minimises sunlight and helps to keep the heat in a room.
- Screen roller blinds are made with semi sheer fabrics. They will allow a view to the outside during daylight but prevent people looking in. They also reduce glare and UV Rays so are great for sunny rooms or low level rooms to the street. Blinds used with curtains or thicker fabric blinds will provide day time privacy. Used along with curtains or thicker fabric blinds they will also give additional privacy at night.
Our roller blinds are also a better option for kitchens and bathrooms as they are not a natural fibre fabric so do not collect moisture in the same way. Certain options are even better so please do read our blog post on bathrooms and kitchens to see the ultimate choices for these rooms if practicality is top of your choice when choosing a blinds for your home.
We offer blackout roller blinds made from beautiful soft high quality natural fabrics or stiffened plains through to roman blinds that are then sewn to the highest standards with a blackout lining depending on your preference. Blackout blinds are our favourite for bedrooms as it provides complete blackout of the sunlight. It will provide complete privacy when the blinds are down. It also works like the thermal linings in helping keep the heat in the room due to the thickness of the lining. So when down they are giving you a stylish room as well as being functional to help reduce your energy bills. Also really good for children's bedrooms.
Reasons for choosing makeablind.co.uk:
Great choice of design options. Adding new designs across the year.
Great choice of colours. Help from the team at Natasha to choose colours.
Great choice of Plains. In both natural fibre as well as practical wipeable options.
Great choice of textures. Plains that will enhance your living space as well as being practical.
Great Quality. All manufacture in the UK.
Great British made. Made in Great Britain. Showcasing the best of British design and manufacturing.
Great prices. Competitive solutions for every room in your home.
Great service. Easy to order and we pride ourselves on giving you a great experience and service from start to finish.